Monday, June 11, 2012

My First Monday Made It!

I am almost finished with school! Only one more workday to go. Despite wrapping up my school year and taking my National Boards test this past Saturday, I have found some time to get a little crafty and complete my teacher toolbox in time for me to join Monday Made It. 

I have seen so many cute examples of these on other blogs and couldn't wait to make my own.

I went to Lowes and picked up a storage box and some spray paint for plastic in green. 



I removed all of the drawers and spray painted the box. This is what it looked like after one coat.

















 I added several more coats of spray paint to cover up the blue plastic. My spray painting job was not perfect. I got some drips where I held the spray can too close to the plastic and it was windy so the newspaper kept flying up and sticking to the paint. I am hoping that these imperfections are not very noticeable. I ended up with this.
  

I then used scrapbook paper and the templates from Create*Teach*Share to make the labels for the drawers. Choosing colors for the labels was very difficult. I had so many pretty pieces of scrapbook paper. After much hemming and hawing I decided on pink and orange. I attached the labels to the drawers with invisible tape. Because I am putting this on my desk I knew the back would be visible so I attached some card stock to make the back look better.  This is my finished product! 



I can't wait to use this next year. I am going to put it on my desk so I have everything I need close at hand and don't have to go searching through my desk drawers.

I hope to have a house project to include with my school Monday Made It next week. I will have more time this week because tomorrow is my last day. Woo Hoo!

~ Tyson

13 comments:

  1. Hi Tyson! Thanks for linking up:) Especially when you still have so much going on!!! Good for you to take some time to craft:) That always helps me relax and feel better:)) Your toolbox turned out awesome!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your toolbox looks great. I made mine this weekend. Would love for you to drop by my blog sometime! I'm your newest follower!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the toolbox! I made one for this week's Monday made it too! I think it'll be so nice to have everything in one spot!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! This is my project for next week :)

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great.I'm your newest follower. I blog at bubbalulu.blogspot.com.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay... everyone is posting about these. I. Must. Have. One. haha. Hopefully, I'll be able to post pictures of my version next week! Yours turned out soo cute. Thanks for the step by step.

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I need to do this!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! This is also on my summer-to-do-list!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never thought of painting it...you just gave me an amazing idea. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the toolkit! I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger Award and am your newest follower.

    Stop by to pick up your award. :)

    Monica
    Classroom Capers

    ReplyDelete